Brand Creation and Marketing
The Emojheeze project was a hat-selling initiative designed to spread positivity amongst the student demographic. I worked in a team of 7 to execute this project in its entirety, building a brand and product, and organizing the promotion and distribution. Through effective teamwork and organization, we saw to the realization of our project goal.
The first step towards the success of the Emojheeze project was the initial planning of what our goal was and how we were going to complete it. This was the stage when we decided that we were going to sell hats with an embroidered "emoji" on them.
After conducting polls in our demographic asking which emoji they preferred, the most popular emoji was: 👌. We then stylized the emoji, adding our own creative twist to the original design but maintaining its recognizability. The final image we decided on was:
Production and Promotion
When finding a supplier to embroider our designs onto our hats, we decided to order 48 black caps. In order to be cost efficient, we decided to print on one colour, rather than the two or three we had initially planned to sell the hats in. It was during this stage when we conducted more user research to see how much a member of our target demographic was willing to pay for a hat. The results of our research showed that our sales would be optimized selling each hat at $10.
When the hats arrived, it was time to start our marketing and advertising. We decided that due to the nature of our target demographic, advertising on social media would be the most cost efficient and effective way to capture students' attention. We made sure that each post we released emphasized the casual and outgoing nature of our brand.
The Final Stretch
After we had finished the brand creation, production, and marketing, it was time for our hats to sell. We sold our hats primarily through meet-ups, and an event held for students in our team's program, Global Business and Digital Arts. This worked effectively for us, due to our own flexibility.
After the completion of this project, we came to the conclusion that our results were a success. We were able to sell 100% of our hats to students, meaning that we fulfilled our original goal of spreading our message of positivity in our demographic.